CRUISE COMPETITIVE BENCHMARK REPORT
(Published Annually in October)
Over the past years, Key Lime Interactive (KLI) has made a significant commitment to improving the availability of meaningful consumer insights for a variety of industries.
In these annual benchmark industry reports, KLI uses a multi-faceted research approach combining: quantitative, qualitative, and behavioral data. Hundreds of participants complete a series of common tasks on each cruise line website. Statistical analysis of this data is employed to rank sites and uncover the top drivers of loyalty and site satisfaction.
In our 2018 Competitive Benchmark Report on Cruise, we will perform a survey of 2,800 people on Mobile and Desktop.
KLI takes a closer look at seven industry Contemporary & Premium Cruise Line websites and mobile sites:
- Celebrity Cruises
- Disney Cruise Line
- Holland America
- Norwegian Cruise Line
- Princess Cruises
- Royal Caribbean International
Read the overview: KLI Competitive Benchmark Reports- Cruise Industry PDF
INFORMATION TO PUT YOU AHEAD
Senior leadership and online marketers alike can make at-a-glance decisions about key areas of the user experience to satisfy their existing and prospective customers. What does your customer want and how can you better serve them?
Our report can help address some key strategic marketing questions like:
- How do you rank compared to your top competitors?
- What are the user’s top pain points using your website?
- What are the best practices for cruise research and booking online?
- How do you measure up in key segments (such as first-time cruisers)?
ANALYSIS WILL INCLUDE
- Statistical analysis of quantitative data
- Multiple regression analysis to yield top predictors of desired outcomes (Loyalty and Site Satisfaction)
- Behavioral data
- First click analysis
- Average time on task
- Uncovers problems with the sites’ navigation, nomenclature, layout, clarity or prominence of key features/ functionality/ content
- Direct user feedback
- Insights from consumers in their own words about what they like, dislike, want, need, and their expectations and frustration
- In-depth analysis of report buyers’ website
- What does the site do well relative to the competition?
- Where are the gaps between the site and its competitors?
- Specifically, what is responsible for the gaps? And what specific issues with the online experience drive negative user perceptions of the site?
- Success Factors and Best-in-class examples
- Best-in-class sites highlighted to illustrate why more users say it’s easy to use makes the best first impression, has the most appealing activities and excursions, why more users are likely to return/recommend/ book on the site or with cruise company in future
- Longitudinal tracking and analysis
Each year the benchmark will examine sites’ top problems areas from the previous year and any site redesigns/changes made subsequently, to answer the question: Have the sites made changes that have improved or worsened the user experience?
Cruises Competitive Benchmark – 2018:
Want to share internally with your team? Download by filling out this form.